المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : !The International Day of Awesomeness

Malak MJ
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
March 10th, Every Year!

No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.

This is really interesting! I was going through events on facebook and suddenly came across this day!
And I was like :(132): DOES THIS DAY REALLY EXIST?

So, I Googled it.. and found information about it..
:(205):

The first question that crossed my mind is:

What exactly is The International Day of Awesomeness?

The International Day of Awesomeness is a celebration of awesomeness. People are awesome every day, frequently don't realize it, and their feats of awesomeness are rarely recognized. We aim to fix that, with a special day to both perform and celebrate feats of awesomeness!

How Can I Celebrate The International Day of Awesomeness?

The easiest way to celebrate The International Day of Awesomeness is to be awesome. You could organize a group of your friends to perform feats of awesomness with. You could write a blog entry about someone you think epitomizes the ideals of awesomeness. As we get closer to the day, we'll have more concrete tips for things you can do to celebrate this very important (but fun, fun, fun - we can't stress that enough - The International Day of Awesomeness should be fun and not taken too seriously).

Where Did they Come Up With The International Day of Awesomeness?

This is mostly the fault of Kevin Lawver. At work, on August 6th, 2007, one of his interns (Freddie Maneiro) suggested that they have a celebration of his awesomeness (it's been a running joke on this project). This cracked him up, and he said there should be an International Day of Awesomeness, and said that he'd post it to twitter, which he did. That started a very funny, very un-serious conversation among his friends about just what that holiday would entail. And well, here we are.

The International Day of Awesomness occurs every year on March 10th. Why? Because that's Chuck Norris' birthday. No offense to Mr. Norris, but this isn't really a salute to Chuck Norris, the man. This is a tribute to the awesomeness of the the myth of Chuck Norris (see the Wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris_Facts)). The International Day of Awesomeness is also strongly inspired by The Show with Ze Frank. Ze's year-long internship in the League of Awesomeness is something special, and if you didn't experience while it was going on, you should go back and watch the shows. Ze and his audience frequently performed feats of awesomeness, which could be used as inspiration for your own feats.

Dan Lurie came up with the original tag line ("Because everyone needs an excuse to be awesome"), and Kevin Lawver's son, Max, came up with the new one. A bunch of people endorsed the date. Kevin Lawver is open to suggestions for where we take this next. This is a single page and only took about an hour to build. The domain name only took about five minutes to register. What he's done so far is not awesome, but he thinks this day could be extremely awesome.

So, there you have it: The International Day of Awesomeness. How will you be awesome? What feats of awesomeness will you perform?

If you're planning an event for The International Day of Awesomeness, Chris Radcliff has set up an umbrella event you can post your event to!
(http://eventful.com/events/international-day-awesomeness-/E0-001-005545557-3)

Join the Awesome Conversation!

If you're going to celebrate The International Day of Awesomeness, please tag your posts, status updates, tweets, etc with the tag (or hashtag, in twitter's case) with idoa so everyone can bask in your awesomeness!

For example, see what people on twitter are saying about it right now (http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23idoa).

http://who-is-awesome.com/who-is-awesome.jpg

believer
03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
awesome

Emad Al-quraan
03-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Wow !the International Day Of Awesomeness

really nice day to celebrate with my awesome friends

it's amazing because we have an awesome day for awesomeness

btw u r awesome nd thank u 4 ur awesome topic
^____^

Essa Amawi
03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow !the International Day Of Awesomeness

really nice day to celebrate with my awesome friends

it's amazing because we have an awesome day for awesomeness

btw u r awesome nd thank u 4 ur awesome topic
^____^

+1

yes awesome friends like you emad and like you mala; >> like you all
^__^

Malak MJ
03-09-2011, 10:47 PM
This whole thing is Awesome!
The forum is awesome,
members like you are awesome,
me, getting to know you is awesome
the word awesome is awesome hehe

---
and Essa, thanks for the awesome +1 ^_^

Sabal Alnasser
03-13-2011, 12:24 AM
well Its Very very Nice to Have this Kind of Day in the world so everybody will try to be Awesome
Cuz nobody can know that He/she is/are Awesome UNLESS A Close Person tell's Us That =D

Happyyy Awesome Day Malaaak and Lawjo team And Remember As A Team we will be Awesome For Ever =D