المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Criminal law

Hosam Hawamdeh
07-01-2009, 06:13 PM
The term criminal law, sometimes called penal law, refers to any of various bodies of rules in different jurisdictions whose common characteristic is the potential for unique and often severe impositions as punishment for failure to comply. Criminal punishment, depending on the offense and jurisdiction, may include execution, loss of liberty, government supervision (parole or probation), or fines. There are some archetypal crimes, like murder, but the acts that are forbidden are not wholly consistent between different criminal codes, and even within a particular code lines may be blurred as civil infractions may give rise also to criminal consequences. Criminal law typically is enforced by the government, unlike the civil law, which may be enforced by private parties.

The first civilizations generally did not distinguish between civil and criminal law. The first written codes of law were produced by the Sumerians. Around 2100-2050 BC Ur-Nammu, the Neo-Sumerian king of Ur, enacted the oldest written legal code whose text has been discovered: the Code of Ur-Nammu[1] although an earlier code of Urukagina of Lagash is also known to have existed. Another important early code was the Code Hammurabi, which formed the core of Babylonian law. These early legal codes did not separate penal and civil laws.
A depiction of a 1600s criminal trial, for a suspected witch.

The similarly significant Commentaries of Gaius on the Twelve Tables also conflated the civil and criminal aspects, treating theft or furtum as a tort. Assault and violent robbery were analogized to trespass as to property. Breach of such laws created an obligation of law or vinculum juris discharged by payment of monetary compensation or damages.

The first signs of the modern distinction between crimes and civil matters emerged during the Norman Invasion of England.[2] The special notion of criminal penalty, at least concerning Europe, arose in Spanish Late Scolasticism (see Alfonso de Castro), when the theological notion of God's penalty (poena aeterna) that was inflicted solely for a guilty mind, became transfused into canon law first and, finally, to secular criminal law.[3] The development of the state dispensing justice in a court clearly emerged in the eighteenth century when European countries began maintaining police services. From this point, criminal law had formalized the mechanisms for enforcement, which allowed for its development as a discernible entity.

from Wikipedia

محمد سليمان الخوالده
07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
wow...wow
oh my god,
hosam are u graguted from england

keep on
very nice

صفاء الايمان
07-02-2009, 02:06 PM
ha ha ha
really very nice
you search law subject
^_^

Hosam Hawamdeh
07-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Thank you so much Mr.Mohammed ,am still a little student ,and from you i learn sir

thanks safa,yes i love the law articles which written in english

Essa Amawi
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Civil and commercial only

-_-

really I hate Criminal

Hosam Hawamdeh
07-03-2009, 10:35 AM
will , i am interested in the civil law but we have to know about the criminal also

Essa Amawi
07-03-2009, 11:39 AM
sure but criminal law haven't any good job in jordan

as hasoon said "Jordan not crime country" >> that's all thing
^_^